Monday, January 25, 2010

parts of me i'm not quite proud of

Love me sweetly, with softness when you can.
Love me wildly, with sternness when it's best.
Love me mildly, with distance when it's hard.
Love me thoroughly, with adoration when it's right.
Love me roughly, with passion when it's time.
Love me in blue and love me in gray, love me while the sunsets and wake with even a great appreciation for what we've shared. Love me from a window-sill, while I am left wanting more. Love me from the door step, when I am too difficult to touch. Love me in anger and in envy and in desperation, love me in happiness and joy. Share with me, your prides and your accomplishments. Allow me in when it's most frightening, allow me to stay in the shadow of the things you're least proud of. Love me through wires and across the sea and from a rooftop when I'm too sleepy to hear the things you're whispering, and love me around the dance floor with lights meant to entice a romance we've surpassed. Love me because you choose to love me. Bask in sunlight with me just because, and run through the rain for a midnight showing neither of us have caught the previews about. Love me through your tears and love me greatest in your laughter. Choose your own way, live your own life, but love my small and seemingly insignificant piece the greatest when you're really asked to be introspective. Love me in an afterthought, in a parenthetical statement meant to rely purely on unconscious thoughts or desires when you've supposedly shared the "meat" of your query. Love me when you're lost, and love the sight of home when you've found your way.

No comments: