Monday, January 25, 2010

the last song that i write while still in love with you

Wishes down a wishing well, I've got questions and you're stingy with the answers. A tisket a tasket, don't count your eggs before they're really in your basket - why'd you have to go and get so brave, who asked you to face this big world on your own? And where do you get off being so free, don't you know those chains were meant to keep? They rusted and were torn, but we trusted you to know your limits, to know you had no other options. We're all trusting trusting trusting that no one's ever gonna leave and we forget to maybe give them a reason to stay - stay with me, wish with me, answer all the things I'm dying to know and pretend even when you can't. Let me be free, let me be free, these chains are meant to keep. I'm rusted, you're torn, you trusted me but limits aren't my color. You threw your wishes down a wishing well but I stopped believing in all those games so long ago, my money's burning a hole in my pocket where your picture should be. Here's your heart, here's your shirt, here's all the things we whispered, I'll take my chances where I'm free from expecting things out of you.

No comments: